Quick weight loss is everyone's goal, isn't it? We want those extra pounds gone NOW! Here are seven tips to help you reach your goal as quickly as possible.
1. Ramp up your exercise. Everyone knows that exercise is important. We all need at least 30 minutes of moderate activity every day for good health. However, for quick weight loss, you need to do more than that. Try exercising for at least one hour a day. If your schedule won't allow that, boost your intensity. Fortunately there are many new exercise videos on the market that claim to give you a high intensity workout in 20 minutes or so. Give one of them a try.
2. Skip snacks. Face it; the key to losing weight is to consume fewer calories. Even if your snacks are strictly vegetables, you are still consuming extra calories you don't need. By skipping snacks altogether, quick weight loss is assured.
3. Eat smaller servings for quick weight loss. Instead of using a conventional dinner plate at your meals, use a salad plate instead. You will be amazed at how a small plate makes your meal look larger. Your eyes will be fooled into thinking you are eating more, when actually you will be eating much less.
4. Drink plenty of water. Don't be fooled into thinking that those diet drinks will help you to quick weight loss. The carbonation in diet sodas may actually cause stomach bloating, leading to an unattractive mid-section. Water has no calories yet it fills you up so you won't be tempted to overeat. In addition, it flushes fat so you lose weight fast.
5. Focus on the basic four healthy foods: protein, fruits, vegetables and whole grains. For quick weight loss, avoid additional fats (including butter, butter substitutes, oil and salad dressings), salt and sugar.
6. Distract yourself. When you are trying to lose weight, it is easy to become obsessed about food. Do everything you can to keep away from the kitchen except when you must prepare and/or clean up after meals. The same goes for vending machines, convenience stores, fast food restaurants or any other location that is a temptation for you.
7. Relax a bit. For those of us who are stress eaters, the pressure of a quick weight loss program can actually result in additional stress and thus weight gain. Don't put so much pressure on yourself. If you are trying to lose weight for a special occasion, either allow yourself more time to lose the weight or buy an outfit that shows off your figure as it is right now. Remember, no one will see the size, but they will see the attractive person you are if you dress well for your figure type.
While you are following these seven tips, don't fall into the trap of using drugs, smoking or other unhealthy habits for quick weight loss. It's not worth risking your long-term health in an effort to lose a pound or two.
Quick weight loss isn't difficult. With persistence and common sense, you can lose weight quickly and easily.