5 reasons why people failed to lose weight:
1. Most people do not lose weight because they stop the diet before having any results. Diets are usually to strict for people to keep it up in the long run. It is very difficult to reduce the amount of food. So why doing it? You can actually eat the same quantity of food and lose weight just by paying attention to calories and reorganising your meals. One of the tips for effective weight loss is to have 5 small meals a day instead of 3 big, will help you lose weight.
2. In order to lose fat, 80% of the battle is food and 20% exercise. Still it is important to exercise to burn the excess of fat. But the body does not like big changes. Walking/ riding to the stores, with your dog; 20min a day can make a big difference.
3. Another tips for effective weight loss is don not starve yourself. If you reduce the number of meals, you are starving yourself and as soon as you will get access to food you will eat a lot more than you need.
4. Be careful when you start a diet. Most of them aggravate diseases. You should choose a program that suits you, allows you extras and a well balanced diet. Otherwise you can increase the risks of stomach ulcer, pancreatitis, dysfunction of the immune system, etc.
5. In most diets you will see results within the first 2 weeks and then results will be less obvious. People usually quit at that moment. It is a mistake, don't go for a fast weight loss diet, you likely will regain the weight loss in matter of weeks or days. Choose a diet that will make you lose weight gradually and permanently; 2 pounds a week at most.